Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hot Assets: a place where we learn how to love running


{your future-favorite running trail pictured above}
Get excited.

Laying in bed the other night, Dustin and I were throwing blog titles around for the running club/blog that's starting up in September.

Me: "The blog will be called "Hot assets!" Like, hot ass-
Dustin: "Oh, I get it....ASS-ets! No, that's really gay! You should call it "A mile in style" and you guys could wear cute running clothes or something!"

My husband sat there with a smile on his face congratulating himself, waiting for his pat on the back.
Me: shaking my head and kindly responding after a long silence: "Mile in style? That's way gayer than "Hot assets" Way gayer! We're so much cooler than that Dustin. Who do you think we are?!"

Figuring out a name for this blog has been a real pain in my...ASSets?!

(I'm kind of surprised that "Hot Assets" wasn't already taken. The name is genius...) 

I began to think about the title "A mile in style" and though to myself, running isn't very cute or stylish. Afterwards YOU SMELL. There's dried hair stuck to the side of your face from spitting out flem while you were running and your crotch stinks... Or maybe my crotch is the only one that ever stinks.... TMI? (Well it's the truth OK?!) IT'S NOT PRETTY!

AHEM..... anyway, it ain't pretty like I said! So I decided that Hot Assets was a cheeky name and it made me smile, so that's what it will be called. If you have a clever idea for a blog name, throw it my way.

I've been thinking about starting a running "club" over the last few months after I realized how life changing it was for me to start running and how good it made me feel. Once I learned how to run, I felt empowered. The girls that I had started running with kept pushing me and encouraging me to keep at it and keep going, so it was a no brainer that I needed to do the same for other girls. Thank Goodness for face book. I hadn't talked to these girls since high school and when we became fb friends, I invited myself to go run with them (being the sweet-kind-awesome girls that they are) and they became my real life friends instead of just my cyber friends...and we ran a half marathon together and BTW, I seriously love them. Running has done wonders for my self esteem, post baby body, and post baby-baby blues. I set goals and accomplished those goals which made me feel like a friggin' rock star!

I DON'T CARE HOW FAT OR SLOW OR LAZY you think you are... you will run, and the more you run, the better you will get, and the better you get, the better your perception of your body will be and when all of those things rub up on each other, you get a girl who loves to run and loves her body.

Sign me up already! 

So the idea is this. We will start out with ONE mile. Just one. We will all run at different paces, and it's OK to stop and take breaks, it's OK to suck, and we're all going to get frustrated at some point. BUT, we're going to get stronger, we're going to have healthier hearts, we're going to make friends with people that we otherwise wouldn't have and we're going to have a blast. AND NO ONE'S CROTCH IS GOING TO STINK because we're ladies and we don't sweat, we blush.... We're going to get more in shape and my hope is that a community of strong woman who (are learning to) love the sport of running would rise up and this would be a place where you can be encouraged and encourage others.

 We will be running different trails every week to keep it interesting and challenging. Each girl will have a profile connected with the blog so we can put a face with a name and keep you accountable (hunt you down and eat your children if you don't show up EVERY Saturday to run!....) that was a joke (but really, I will personally eat your children)... 

This blog will not be my blog, but a blog for the girls to share experiences and stories, good running days & bad running days. You can share advice and tips, and we will also share races we're doing together.

Are you ready for a challenge? Are you ready for hot {ass}ets? 

get excited Ladies. It's kind of a big deal.

email me at crobbins223@gmail.com or leave a comment
if you'd like to hang out and get your run on with us in September.
photo of us training for our Red Rock race (pictured above)
Photo of us after we ran the Red Rock race (pictured above)

7 comments:

  1. September sounds perfect...I should be able to run by then, right? I'm definitely in (even though I am THE worst runner of ALL time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I'm totally following [duh] but you should post words of encouragement and tips for those of us who don't live in LV!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Courtney, I'd LOVE for you to run with me. I bet you will surprise yourself with what you're capable of, and how fast you lose your baby weight! You will have such a good time, but trust me, there are always those days when 4 miles looks like it's really 10 and days when 10 miles only feels like 4.

    Mae, I'll for sure have this blog open for girls who want to follow and work out with us too. We will post training schedules and the best foods to eat to maximize your weight loss and energy to run.

    It should be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chels I love this! I can't wait to get the girls together (plus anyone who wants to join) for our runs again! It is so much easier to get into it when you have a support group encouraging you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you commented on my page otherwise I would have never found this blog! I am a dancer and I am just in the beginning stages of running. I know my friend edwina and I would love to join and meet you girls, though I am not fast I am determined to get back in that ballet studio in a leotard let me know when and where and we will be there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh please do tell me what the name of that trail is that you pictured in this post. I'm moving to LV later this year and would love to know!

    ReplyDelete